When you donate to Windy Hill Foundation, you aren’t just paying for the siding on a building or a refrigerator in a home, you are delivering mentors, skilled professionals, and volunteers into the lives of all our residents.
You may have noticed from watching a video, talking to a volunteer, or attending a fundraising event that we believe housing is just the beginning of our mission. We want to inspire our residents to do more and be more. We want to show them that a little help now can make a big difference down the road. And we want to equip them with the tools they need to become self-sufficient, courageous, and hopeful.
They motivate and encourage us, so it’s only fair to do the same to them.
You can transform a life.
We use your donations to:
- Supervise the tutoring and after-school help that the at-risk children in the Windy Hill community need to succeed in school.
- Help our seniors make ends meet. Even with our low rents, all the senior residents at Levis Hill House require substantial rent subsidies.
- Assist our single mothers of preschool children who need help with parenting skills and preparing their children for kindergarten.
- Fund our emergency reserves. Windy Hill households, with a median family income below $18,000 per year, need help when it comes to weathering family and medical emergencies.
- Provide affordable, low-income homes. Both Middleburg and The Plains need housing for teachers, shop attendants, farmhands, firemen, and rescue workers. The Plains has lost 27 units of workforce housing in the last 20 years.
There are many gifting options.
You may choose to make either a multi-year pledge or a one-time gift. Gifts can include:
- A check made payable to Windy Hill Foundation, P.O. Box 1593, Middleburg, VA 20118
- FedEx/UPS Address: 2 West Washington Street, Middleburg, VA 20117
- An online donation
- A gift of stock
- Stock transfers should be directed to Morgan Stanley—DTC #0015
- Windy Hill Foundation account #560-045327-012
- Our Morgan Stanley representative is Greg Ellison, 540.723.2462
Your donations are essential to our mission.
Your financial support is essential for Windy Hill Foundation to continue its mission of providing safe, economical housing to local workers and the elderly. It also funds our commitment to our family programs, which promote confidence and self-improvement amongst our tenants.