We are currently seeking the following positions:
Resident Services Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Resident Services
Status: Full-time (40/week),
About Windy Hill Foundation
Windy Hill Foundation (WHF) is an award-winning, non-profit, affordable housing provider formed in 1981 in Middleburg, VA. WHF’s mission is to provide safe, decent, affordable housing to low- and lower-income families and older adults in Loudoun and Fauquier counties and to encourage self-improvement and self-sufficiency among our residents. We operate 310 residential units and offer comprehensive support services and educational resources to children, adults, and senior residents.
WHF’s Resident Services program promotes opportunity and independence for WHF residents through a combination of strategic programming, individual support, and community partnerships. Our Resident Services goals include housing stability, economic and educational development and mobility, health and wellness, and population-specific services (children, youth, parents, seniors, veterans). The Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) will report to and support the Director of Resident Services (DRS) and work collaboratively with other staff, partners, and volunteers to deliver consistent, replicable, and scalable outcomes.
A successful RSC will be highly motivated to support residents to live stably in their housing and to thrive in the community; work as a team to deliver and evaluate programs; deliver direct service to residents of all ages and diverse backgrounds; perform administrative assignments and reports; coordinate direct service such as food delivery and linking residents to community resources; and scheduling resident activities and events. This position will require in-person, on-site safety precautions followed. This position does require driving a van as well as some lifting. This position interacts daily with residents, community partners, and volunteers.
- Program Delivery: Match resources to identified resident needs, establish partnership roles and responsibilities, monitor program delivery, and track outcomes. This position often involves driving the vans with residents to field trips, grocery stores, etc. The RSC will need to assist with the lifting of donations and supplies as needed.
- Engage Residents: Conduct robust resident outreach to foster maximum participation in resident services programs and increased utilization of available resources. Support a positive sense of community and mutual respect between residents, WHF staff, and property management staff.
- Administrative Tasks: Perform administrative tasks as assigned not limited to developing content for monthly newsletters and informational flyers, reporting outcomes of programs to the DRS, assisting residents with online applications, speaking with residents in person and on the phone, and performing other basic administrative duties.
- Community Room/Resident Activities: The RSC will be responsible for creating a clean, healthy environment in the WHF community rooms. This position will work with residents of all ages to engage them in enriching activities that are age-appropriate and follow WHF guidelines. The RSC will make sure a healthy, supportive, and inclusive environment is available for all residents who wish to participate.
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Articulate and persuasive in written and oral English. Fluency in other languages desirable.
- An undergraduate degree is desirable but not necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good listener, collaborative problem solver, good team spirit. Nimble and flexible
- Passion for the mission of affordable housing and improving the lives of low-income households and working on programs for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Salary and Benefits
Salary based on qualifications and experience. Medical insurance provided.
Equal Opportunity Employment
WHF offers equal employment opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter via to email@example.com or through the form below. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.