Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Candidates for this position must be able to work in-person from our Middleburg, VA office.
About Windy Hill Foundation
Windy Hill Foundation (WHF) is an award-winning, non-profit, affordable housing provider formed in 1981 in Middleburg, VA. WHF’s mission is to provide safe, decent, affordable housing to low- and lower-income families and older adults in Loudoun and Fauquier counties and to encourage self-improvement and self-sufficiency among our residents. We operate 310 residential units and offer comprehensive support services and education resources to children, adults, and senior residents.
When you join Windy Hill Foundation, you’re committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
The primary obligation of all Windy Hill Foundation employees is to provide excellent personalized care to all our residents within our residential community. All residents will be treated with respect and dignity, and residents’ rights will be protected and upheld at all times. Communication with residents, families, community partners and organizations, and health care professionals will build and maintain the reputation of Windy Hill Foundation as an affordable housing provider whose residential programs meet or exceed those of other residential care programs, and whose business ethics uphold the highest standards of our mission.
If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of those living in our affordable housing communities, consider joining our dynamic team in providing compassionate and high-quality care and services.
At Windy Hill we recognize that our mission cannot be accomplished without talented teammates. We pride ourselves in our in-person interactions.
WHF’s Resident Services program promotes opportunity and independence for WHF residents through a combination of strategic programming, individual support, and community partnerships. Our Resident Services goals include housing stability, economic and educational development and mobility, health and wellness, and population-specific services (children, youth, parents, seniors, veterans). The Director of Resident Services (DRS) is responsible for designing, directing, and evaluating an effective, data-driven resident services system and engaging residents, Resident Services staff, partners, and volunteers to deliver consistent, replicable, and scalable outcomes.
Key responsibilities of the DRS include: Assessing community needs; establishing goals for resident outcomes; cultivating and supporting a robust network of partners, volunteers, resident leaders and public agencies; creating a positive collaboration between residents, property management and other stakeholders; evaluating and reporting outcomes; creating shared expectations and protocols.
A successful DRS will be highly motivated to support residents to live stably in their housing and to thrive in the community; be extremely well organized and efficient; have a track record in recruiting and supporting partners and in establishing systems of assessment, collaboration, coordination, and evaluation. Exemplary experience managing human services programs, working under an Executive Director/Board of Directors structure, evaluating data, and producing outcomes is optimal.
- Assessment: Create systems to document and assess resident needs utilizing individual- and community-level data, conduct resident surveys and focus groups, establish resident leadership forums. Produce actionable reports to inform partners, WHF staff, and Board leadership.
- Goals: Establish long-term, comprehensive goals for resident services using assessment data and stakeholder feedback to create a roadmap for the overall portfolio and each property.
- Resources: Identify, cultivate, and manage resources that help achieve organizational goals, including non-profit service providers, government agencies, donors, and volunteers. Work closely with the Executive Director and staff to provide content for grant applications and reports.
- Program Delivery: Match resources to identified resident needs, establish partnership roles and responsibilities, monitor program delivery, and track outcomes. Evaluate and assess the outcome of resident services programs and develop pathways to success. Prepare and manage budgets.
- Engage Residents: Conduct robust resident outreach to foster maximum participation in resident services programs and increased utilization of available resources. Support a positive sense of community and mutual respect between residents, WHF staff, and property management staff.
- Evaluate: Provide ongoing evaluation and outcome reporting for programs and partnerships. Ensure all outcomes are reported and documented as progress is made in achieving overall goals. Adjust goals, metrics, and partnerships in response to resident achievements and feedback.
- Supervise: Provide support, motivation, training and supervision for WHF’s resident services coordinators, volunteers, and partners. Utilize their talents and nurture their growth and success. Ensure a positive, collaborative approach between the Resident Services team and residents, partners, and other teams at WHF, including the executive staff and property management.
- Resident Engagement: Ensure robust resident engagement and participation in all resident services programs. Support a positive sense of community and mutual respect between residents, WHF staff, and property management staff. Identify and cultivate residents for engagement in advocacy and communications. Recruit and support resident voice and leadership through the Resident Council and other opportunities.
- Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (REDI): Incorporate REDI principles into program planning, partnership cultivation, evaluation methodology and resident engagement and leadership.
Fundraising, Grants and Data Management:
- Liaise with the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications team to support grant applications, helping to develop budgets, and ensuring grant requirements are incorporated into program delivery and reporting.
- Ensure that Resident Services Managers and Coordinators are provided with updated information about grant requirements and that administrative processes are updated to support grant tracking.
- Utilize PANGEA/Family Metrics program for outcomes, resident demographics, and case notes. Ensure all staff have required training to use the resident services database effectively, incorporating regular data entry opportunities each month.
- Five-plus years of increasing leadership positions as a manager of human services systems and programs. Strong track record in planning and executing efficient and effective human services programs and producing replicable, scalable outcomes.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or Graduate degree in public policy, human services, program management or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proven leader able to organize and motivate a diverse team of staff, clients, and partners.
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in program planning, data collection, data analysis, and reporting outcomes.
- Articulate and persuasive in written and oral English. Fluency in other languages desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good listener, collaborate problem solver, good team spirit. Nimble and flexible. Experienced in piloting new programs and responding to changing opportunities and challenges.
- Passion for the mission of affordable housing and improving lives of low-income households. Familiarity with Loudoun and Fauquier County populations and stakeholders a plus.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current professional social work theory and practice.
- Excellent clinical assessment and documentation skills.
- Ability to organize workflow, respond to emergencies and note detail. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes.
Salary and Benefits
- $80,000.00 per year. Higher compensation available based on qualifications and experience. Medical insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employment
WHF offers equal employment opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resident Services Director Job Application” in the subject line.
Windy Hill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.