Windy Hill Foundation has built 310 units in the past 12 years in Middleburg and surrounding communities in Loudoun and Fauquier Counties. Watch this short video for a tour of our properties and more about our mission:
Levis Hill House Elderly Apartments in Middleburg
Opened in 2008, the Levis Hill House (LHH) is a 20-unit apartment building for low-income seniors aged 62 and older and disabled individuals who are capable of independent living.
- LHH has 14 one-bedroom units and 6 two-bedroom units
- The building is located on a 2-acre site next to Windy Hill Road
- All apartments are built to meet universal design standards and are handicapped accessible by elevator
- LHH is the first “green”-certified apartment building in Loudoun County and the first to win an Energy Star® award from both the Environmental Protection Agency and HUD in Loudoun
- The property features a specially-designed rain garden that treats and removes pollutants from all storm water run-off
- The median family income is $11,300 per year, so all of our residents utilize rent subsidies
Virginia Lane Townhomes in Middleburg
Located at the western entrance of Middleburg, the Virginia Lane project was made possible after the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors agreed to a boundary line adjustment to bring the Virginia Lane neighborhood into the Middleburg town limits.
- Virginia Lane is comprised of 3 one-bedroom units, 8 two-bedroom units, and 3 three-bedroom units
- The maximum annual income to qualify for housing at Virginia Lane is $54,000 per year
- The current income average for residents is $33,000 per year
“The Cottages” Single-Family Detached Homes in Middleburg
In 2010, The Cottages were fully renovated – with new roofs, windows, siding, heating and cooling systems, and appliances – thanks to Federal stimulus money through the Loudoun County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program and a grant and loan from the Loudoun County Housing Fund.
- The Cottages features 10 single-family detached homes on Windy Hill Road
- There are one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom units
- All residences have been certified “green” through EarthCraft Virginia
Barton Place Apartments in Middleburg
Barton Place was gifted to Windy Hill in the mid-1990s by Alfred “Al” Barton, the Foundation’s second president.
- There are 6 total units at Barton Place, with 4 one-bedroom units and 2 two-bedroom units
- Water and sewer are included with rent
- These workforce housing units sit on the south side of Route 50, across from Windy Hill Road
Llewellyn Village Apartments in Middleburg
Built in 1995 with funding from the Rural Development Administration of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the apartments at Llewellyn Village are fully subsidized. Resident families pay no more than 30% of their annual total income in rent.
- Llewellyn Village has 16 two-bedroom units
- Through tax credit financing, the buildings were completely renovated in 2010 with new roofs, windows, siding, heating and cooling systems, and kitchens
- The renovated buildings are “green”-certified
- Llewellyn Village boasts a Community Room that serves as an integral part of the Foundation’s family programs
Piedmont Lane Apartments in The Plains
As Windy Hill Foundation’s first project outside of Middleburg, this development was made possible by generous local support and tax credit financing.
- Piedmont Lane consists of five buildings
- There are 12 units on Fauquier Avenue and 4 units on Lee Street
- In total, Piedmont Lane offers 7 two-bedroom units and 9 three-bedroom units of workforce housing
- Two units are fully accessible per the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Every building is certified as “green” by EarthCraft Virginia
The Rectory Apartments in The Plains
Our second project in The Plains, The Rectory offers newly-renovated units that opened in November, 2012.
- It features 2 two-bedroom units
6353 Forrest Lane in The Plains
This single-family home offers space and convenience for a small family in The Plains. This home is situated on a quiet lane, within walking distance of downtown The Plains.
- Recently renovated, all the amenities have been updated and the home is equipped with a washer, dryer, dishwasher and central air.
Shreveport Ridge Apartments in Brambleton
In summer 2014, we opened a beautiful workforce housing complex in Brambleton, a community near Ashburn.
- Shreveport Ridge consists of 98 one- to four-bedroom apartments
- The community has been certified “green” by EarthCraft Virginia
- It offers amenities like washers, dryers, dishwashers, and central air in every unit
- There’s a playground, a community room, and free parking
Washburn Place in Marshall
In April of 2018 the ribbon was cut on the newest Windy Hill community, Washburn Place in Marshall.
- Washburn Place consists of 30 Townhomes
- Three units are reserved for veterans or active duty members of the military and five units are ADA compliant
- Washburn Place offers amenities like washers, dryers, dishwashers, and central air in every unit
- The townhomes have plenty of parking and are in walking distance to the Town of Marshall and a nature trail
Heronview Apartments in Sterling
Heronview Apartments are the newest property, with occupancy occurring Spring 2019, located at the junction of Route 7 and Route 28 in Sterling. For leasing information for Heronview, please contact 571-926-8440 or visit www.heronviewapts.com
- Heronview provides 96 units of work-force housing
- Ten units are handicap-accessible
- Heronview Apartments are certified to platinum standards by Viridiant of Virginia for its earth-friendly design. Each unit will include ENERGY STAR energy-saving appliances and water-saving faucets and shower heads
- The apartments are located in a major transportation corridor of Loudoun